Friday, October 23, 2009

Weekly Influence: Lykke Li

I woke up a couple days ago and every morning before i do anything else I check my favorite street brand blogs. Award Tour, Married to the MOB, Hellz Bellz, etc. So I go on whatthehellz?!!! and see this video called Black Cab Sessions where famous recording artists and bands sing their songs in the back of this cab. Well in this video Lykke Li and her band sung,"I'm good, I'm gone"(old song I know) and I was amazed. She is an amazing singer, especially accoustic in the back of a cab. Here it is:



Yes I knew about Lykke Li but I never knew how talented she was. I first listened to "Little Bit" feat. Drake and I liked her but I didn't see what the big fuss was about the song or the collaboration. Now hearing the song without Drake I love it, its more simple. Simplicity is better to me.

I've been on her MySpace and read some of her blogs. How she writes is so abstract, so poetic, in a way that reminded me of me. =] She's an very interesting person.

So in saying all of this, she made me fall back in love with music this week. To pursue I don't know right now; but she's the kind of artist restores my faith in the music business. Where I am right now, I don't know if I can do music, it's something so stifling about this atmosphere. I can't explain it. But I do know that she's one of the reason's why I'm thinking it over, instead of closing that chapter of my life all together. How I want to tackle things, how I wish to create; it's all about the simplicity, it's all about classic things for me. Things that are timeless or innovative.

I will leave you with another one of my favorite songs of mine, she does this one accoustic as well, this performance is very moving and emotional.

No comments:

Post a Comment