Friday, October 23, 2009

Weekly Replays: Week of October 12th

Been negleting my weekly duties to do my influence of the week and my weekly replays.

My weekly replays of the last week(the week of October 12) really didn't corralate with each other or even how my life went. It was just one of those weeks for me.

I Can Transform ya-Chris Brown feat. Lil Wayne
Chris Brown's 1st single from his upcoming album titled "Grafitti". At first I was not impressed. All summer I've been hearing songs from him talking about how sorry he is and how he's a changed man. I love Chris Brown and I understand he's human. I thought that this song was just to get people to play his songs again. But I just thought that he would come out with material like that on his album. It's a very catchy song, I really love this song. This was the song that woke me up every morning last week. Any time Chris and Lil Wayne collaborate it's magic. But I cannot understand Lil Wayne's line's, "No I can't dance but I can dance on ya." Huh?

A couple of days later I heard what I had been expecting from Chris.

So Cold-Chris Brown
The first time I heard this song I immediately loved the song. It was so heartfelt, you could tell that he wrote this song. To me it's dedicated to Rihanna(he's still in love with her) but qouting from a person who commented on this song, "Just because he does love songs about a girl interest doesn't mean he's talking about Rihanna." I read somewhere that when he said he and someone else wrote the song, they weren't thinking about Rihanna. Bullshit. But this song so good, I don't care who it's about. As long as an artist stays true to their material and sing from the heart, it's a sure way that the song will go to the top.

Keep Forgetting-JoJo
Now this song had to do with my life last one. My love and I are solid for now but last week I kept thinking about the many times that I've tried to get over him, all the countless boys that I used to get over him, and it always came back to him. Every single time. I "kept forgetting to forget about"him. I love him so much.

Break up to make up- Jeremih
Along the same lines of the last songs. We've been through a lot, it's like lets make it stick this time! But I really like the song because of how Jerimih flowed so easily lyrically on the beat. Flawless. I don't really listen to things that are on the radio but this is one of them.

Grown Simba-J.Cole
If you don't know about J.Cole than you need to look him up. As the first signee to Jay-Z's RocNation you can see why he got picked up. Lyrically he's one of the best out of the newcomers to come out this year. His energy on this track is amazing. But really what made me connect to this song was the whole theme to it. He's living his life, not knowing where he's gonna end up but keeps working hard to get to the top.

"Where you going nIgga?- Shit, there aint no telling

Ay, where you going nigga?- Ay, there aint no telling

Yea, they keep on saying where you going nigga, going nigga?-There aint no telling

Cant tell you where Im going, just know I wont stop

Goodbye to the bottom, hello to the top"

I L O V E these songs and they helped me through last week! Music can heal the soul.

But for how long?

No comments:

Post a Comment