Saturday, September 19, 2009

Influences

No matter who you are, who you want to be, and where you want to go in life, you are complied by a mix of influences. Whether it be your favorite cartoon character, your favorite TV show host, your favorite athlete, or your favorite teacher, you're influenced by each and every one of them. You like each of them for some reason. Whether it be their determination, their drive, their generosity or just them being silly, you're somehow drawn to them and may even adapt or adopt that certain quality to your life. But just because you like them for their character doesn't mean that you should be just like them. That's why you may take just one quality and tailor it and make it fit into the lifestyle that you have or wish. That's how you stay true to yourself.
I've noticed that most of my influences, especially in the music and fashion worlds, are male. They have such a simplicity to how they live their life and how they go after what they want, sometimes without much internal struggle. I admire that and aspire to take more risks and be definite in the decisions I make. A guys mind (not the dirty parts), so dope to me. I'm drawn to guys who can carry on an intelligent conversation and challenge my mind. That's what I think the trick in life is; surrounding yourself and taking from people who are superior. Mentally superior. Not that their necessarily better than you, they just know a bit more. These people are in the places that you want to be, they have been where you want to be. Taking lessons, tips from them is the key to success. But experiencing it is even better.
All of my influences are either well known on the internet or just in the media in general. Which if you think about it makes it seem kind of corny. But they're where I want to be. Simple as that. So to keep up with my blogging more regularly I'm incorporating different things or segments to speak on each week. The first one that I've come up with is talking on an influence each week. Picking apart and breaking down on what really draws me to them and how I'm going to incorporate it into my life and how I want to live my life. I have so many influences from different worlds. From producer Pharrell Williams, to 19 yr old street brand entrepreneur/college student Phillip Annand, all of influences will be relevant to what I want to accomplish and achieve.

Photobucket

I wish it could be something like this. Where I could meet all my influences and interview them and compile them into a book for safekeeping. But for now I will take what I'm learning from other people interviewing them, pictures, and video and use it for my own inspiration. Maybe you'll get inspired too.

No comments:

Post a Comment