Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Guess who's back!

Meeeeee!!!! I'm so excited and determined to come back and make this a quality blog regardless of who reads this. I left this behind because after awhile I just talked about trends and I was stuck in the rut of just talking about just that. And me reading it back now, it doesn't really sound like me. I'm all over the place and this blog was beginning to turn into strictly a fashion blog when I said at the beginning that I didn't want that. I'm comprised and made up of so much more than my love of fashion. That's why I named this blog "Abstract Expressions." I went to Tumblr because to me it had more freedom. Video, quotes, text, audio, links, photos, and chat. Yes with Blogspot you can do all that too but with Tumblr I felt that the freedom was more organized. There was a button for each of these categories.
So why did I come back? I woke up yesterday with a mission. Make the best street/off beat brand that I can. So I read so many street brand blogs and high fashion blogs that my head is still spinning from so much inspiration. It's amazing. The two street brand blogs that caught my eye were Award Tour and MOB. The team, the blog and their brand were beyond dope. They were off to the left. They didn't do the normal "here's so& so's new single", or "here's the new collection from another fashion line." They also didn't promote themselves that much, to the point of annoyance, which I thought was refreshing. They personalized the blog to where you could actually get a feel of the personality of the person writing each post. You don't get that a lot on street wear brands. They talked about their life, their works, and experiences. That got me thinking about coming back to Blogspot and actually post and write about shit that matters, instead of talking about trends and things that probably won't matter to me in a couple years. At Tumblr, yes there was freedom but for me it wasn't the place to put my in depth feelings about things. To me it was a place to put my inspirations and post little blurbs about different things. But yes I'm back to blogging on here. I've missed being on here! It's like I'm coming home back from a long break at college. I will be going home on Friday too to get my hair done which is amazing. I've missed home. Getting back to this will take some getting used to but when I do no doubt this will be one of my favorite things to do.

* Oh yeah go and check out the blog that really inspired me to come back and blog. Go to www.theawardtour.com and be amazed by Phillip T. Annand's musings. He's dope.* The pic below is a preview of some of his amazing designs.

No comments:

Post a Comment