Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Influence: Gordon Parks




Italic I've been so busy with school that I've been neglecting showcasing my influences and replays of the week. So whenever I have time to do so, that's when I'll do it.

Gordon Park was something like a Renaissance man. Photographer, director, composer, writer of fiction and non fiction; he's certainly lived a rich and colorful life.

I just read one of his memoirs(you know you've lived a great life if you're writing multiple memiors!) named A Hungry Heart and it's one amazing book. You travel with him and see the world and different events through his eyes. He meets and shoots some incredible people
including sdxf Malcolm X, Muhammed Ali, and directing the classic movie Shaft.

He will be very influencial for me in my future and even now. He moved from job to job and had artistic integrity, something I wish to keep with me throughout my whole life. He worked extra hard to get where he was and didn't waste one oppurtunity.
He depicted and went after assignments that other people thought could only be said with words. He pushed boundaries. I really admire him for that.


I wish he was alive because it would be amazing to meet and talk with him, have him tell me stories, give me tips and give bits of wisdom.


I wanna be a
Renaissance woman.

2 comments:

  1. hey, i'm having a really great giveaway on my blg. check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm doing a project right now on this wonderful man, this is really good!*

    ReplyDelete