Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Weeky Influence: Levi Maestro

StreetLevel Knows Maestro from streetxlevel on Vimeo.



Levi Maestro. Took him as my new husband a couple weeks ago. =] If you saw the previous post I made about him, I saw him in a random You Tube video and just had to know what his name was and what he was all about. Levi is a filmmaker who has his own blog and show on Hypebeast. It's a show of him sharing with the world all of the things that he experiences, all of the people he comes into contact daily. None of the things that he does or shows is not just for the show, this is his life and he's letting the world get an behind-the-scenes view of it. The first episode I saw was where he went to Virgina Beach and hung out with Lil Jon while doing business. But the opening lines of the episode is what got me hooked. "It absolutely amazes me every time I take a plane somewhere, and I come to a city that I've never been to before, how huge it is. I know that everyday life happens there. But I've never seen it before." That, is when I fell in love with how he thought as an individual. I was smitten. Even though I'm not a filmmaker, nor do I aspire to be(I do want to do documentaries though), I felt that I could learn somethings from him. His outlook on life is just amazing, never is the show about putting someone or someplace down. In the video above he explains the purpose and vision of his show. When he graduated high school he knew that he wasn't going to college so he made a move from Las Vegas to LA. I admire that he knew where he didn't want to be, so that prompted him to make his own moves. He went to LA without any contacts and just started to network and create relationships and connections with people that he thought that was interesting. He worked his way up and was self-motivated. He even toured with Anthony Hamilton on tour earlier this year and traveled the world(which he shows in his blog).I love his quote when he says,"You gotta work hard and do for yourself, cause nobody else is gonna do what you want for you". Which he proved true. Hopefully I can incorporate his go-get-it attitude in pursuing what I want do to. Instead of waiting for others to push me.

I could go on and on about Levi, but I'd rather you check him out for yourself.

1 comment:

  1. thanks for visiting and commenting on my blog. really glad to see it. I'll keep reading ur blog too. Xos

    ReplyDelete