Saturday, February 28, 2009

So what is Abstract Expressions?....

So with the first two blogs, they weren't really about me. They were about topics that I were passionate about: FASHION & MUSIC together, and then a blog about race. I will state again that I wasn't as motivated as I thought I would've been. Fashion and music are basically my life....but it's not what I'm all about. I love different types of expression like photography, poetry, writing, and drawing. My influences and the things that I like that inspire me as an artist are not typical coming from a black girl. I listen and enjoy different types of music. I want to be a singer, and I'm observing that if I want to stay in the music world for more than a couple of years, I have to be different, I have to be diverse, I have to be creative. So I broadened my horizions and opened my mind to so many different things and it's really helped to shape me into the type of musical artist I want to be, and the person I want to become.


When creating and naming this blog, it took awhile trying to come up with the right name that reflected me as a person and reflected what I wanted to do on here. So my sister ask me if I could describe myself in a word or a phrase what would it be? That was a hard one because there are too many, but yet not enough words to describe me. I'm complex, bratty, vain, self-consious, creative, singer, writer, silly, different, weird, unique, standoffish at times and the list goes on and on...and "Ya DoN't StOp..Lol. How I think and the things that spark my intrests are so abstract and so off the wall, "ABSTRACT EXPRESSIONS " stands for and explains everything that I'm about in 2 words. Abstract expressions is said through everything from poetry to prose, to fashion, music and art, all which I am very passionate about. This blog will be about new music I've found, new fashions, the newest things in architecture, technology, my opinions about the world, and just me actin a fool.
"I do this...cuz nothin is safe."-Trey Songz

No comments:

Post a Comment