Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Influence: Eminem

So lately I've been in this rut, haven't really been blogging lately. I've been feeling weird, and have been feeling like what I think or say doesn't matter anymore. But then I thought about all the talents I've been blessed with, I think what I have to say matters, whether I like it or not.

Eminem. Amazing guy. With his reemergence with the guest spot on Wayne's "Drop the World" and B.o.b.'s "Airplanes Pt. 2", I can't help but be excited for his CD Recovery to drop in June.

I just love how he attacks every beat he's on. His energy is amazing on every single track. He has this "fuck you, I'm doing me" attitude that I love and have needed to hear the past couple of weeks.

His verse in "Airplanes Pt. 2" is one of my favorite verses of his. I listened to his verse & I felt like he was talking directly to me. I was at a point in my life where I felt kind of lazy and hesitant with making music my career. I gotta do more than just wish and hope that this happens; I gotta be pro-active in making my dreams a reality. After hearing this, I finally realized that I am who I am to make music, and it's gonna take more than just talent out of me to make it happen.


"The Way I Am" might be just my favorite song of his. I've been playing this constantly when I'm angry or just in my "I don't give a fuck" mood. It has helped me see things differently. I am who I am, nothing else really matters after that.


This is a freestyle that he came out with today; mixing both "Over" and "Beamer, Benz, or Bentley" beats and killing them both.


I just really admire him, he puts his everything into his music. Which is what I'll be doing as well.

His single for his CD drops on Friday titled "Not Afraid".

2 comments:

  1. Damn it seems like both of us have been feeling emo lately smh. But I hope you get as far as you want and I hope I can be up there with you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea, being emo is like normal for me now, but it helps develop the talents, ya know? & its gonna sound so cliche but it's the skies the limit with the both of us, i jus know it

    ReplyDelete